Have you ever reached a plateau in your workout routines when you felt that you were going nowhere? You suddenly find that you are weaker and you have put on a few pounds ? And this setback happens almost overnight when a few days ago you were looking good, gaining strength and losing a bit of that awful fat. This happens to almost everyone so not to worry !
I know lots of guys who stick religiously to 3 sets of 10-12 reps for each exercise. They also have the classic rest of a few minutes between their sets. These guys look like they are on auto-pilot! Let us look at a few examples to help you get more creative:
* Why not 10 sets of 3 , with just a mere 20 seconds of rest between the sets?
* Have you thought about using a lighter than normal weight – try 1 set of 50 reps for each exercise.
* Go for close to your maximum weight and 10 sets of 1 rep, with 30 seconds rest between sets.
* Try a heavier weight and go for 6 sets of 6 reps and you can do a sprint on the treadmill for 3 minutes between each set of weight lifting.
* Choose one full body exercise – that would be , say, a dumbbell squat and presses. Do that exercise for a full 20 minutes. That is pretty intense but it does vary the routine.
* Do a workout based on your bodyweight only – so go for the push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups and dips. Add in a few squats and lunges.
* Do a full circuit (12 different exercises) which cover the whole body –no rest between exercises.
* Next time round, do the same as above but change the order round – last one first and so on.
* Vary your speeds – on one workout go for faster repetition – on the next one go at dead slow speed
* Try to vary your weekly routine – one week you can do three workouts of an hour each. Next week, change that to five shorter workouts of just 30 minutes each.
Are you really interested in taking your training seriously and getting rid of fat while getting into top gear with your training ? Go to the following site, get your FREE fat –loss report which will give you a mere 27 ways to boost your metabolism and lose that belly fat !